Re: New ProSavage VIA KN/M266 Chipset Drivers with 3D/OpenGL/DRI Support ?!

This driver and the CLE266 driver were released by VIA do to the great
work by Alan Cox and Redhat.  S3 developed the driver in house for IHVs
and did not until just recently provide the source code.  It was
developed for 4.2.0/mesa-3.x and as such will only build on a 4.2.0
source tree.  There is work being done  by the DRI developers to port
this code to 4.3.0 and Mesa 4/5.x.  the priliminary code is available
on a branch in the DRI CVS tree, however, it does not yet work.  it is
very much a work in progress.  if you want to try out the code you will
need to build against 4.2.0 for right now, or help port it to the newer
xfree releases.

Alex