Voodoo 5 and RedHat 9

Hello,

I've recently moved my machine from RedHat 8 to RedHat 9 (fresh install).
I have a Voodoo 5 5500 card with 64MB memory. After the move to RedHat 9, the
X-Windows graphics, especially the 3D mode, seems to have slowed down
considerably - animated 3D scenes, either in xscreensaver or in games, became
a slow sequences of frames. Does anyone have any idea of the cause and how to
fix it? As for myself, I suspect the new XFree86 4.3.0 has something to do
with this, but I don't know how to solve this.
BTW: my machine is a dual P3 with 512MB RAM.

Sincerely,
Erez Hadad