Radeon 7500 - Washed Out Colors

Hi,

Two months ago I had to remove RedHat 9 and go back to RedHat 8 since my
video would not work correctly.  I would like to use RedHat 9 again, but I
have not heard anything about my problem since my original postings in May.

My problem is with XFree 4.3.  The screen looks like the contrast is
incorrect.  The colors appear 'washed out' or pale.  It is almost impossible
to read white text on a blue background.  After talking with others on the
XFree list who have the same issue, I learned how to make the appearance
better (a little better) by messing with the gamma settings - 'startx --
-bgamma .5 ggamma .4 rgamma .4'.  Although I can use X with these settings,
it is not good enough to look at for a long time (very hard on my eyes).

I really want to get RedHat 9 (with XFree 4.3) working.

Thank you for your attention.

David Willow
David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx