RE: RE: No Valid Mode Found DFP/LCD

Hi,
   I had the same problem with RH8 and XF86 4.2.0-72
   Thanks for your email exchanges (David/Rex) I got
   this to work with All In Wonder Radeon 7500.

   I added the "crt_screen" option to my XF86Config
   to get it to work.

   The real story is this:
     May be some one finds this useful.

     I had RH6+Win98, I bought AIW 7500, upgraded to RH8
     and it "just worked" (except for video out/tv)

     But then I went back to 98 - did some 20 odd reinstalls
     of ATI software, searched  everywhere and got the
     Video-out+capture to work. In the process I had
     changed my BIOS settings to say "PnP OS" and
     explicitly specified Address/IRQs for the "serial port"
     and "parallel port" instead of leaving it at "AUTO".

     Almost every reinstall on Win98, I would go back and
     forth between Linux and Win98.

     And then I set to work on the TV tuner on Win98.
     The very minute this started working on Win98..
     My XServer wouldn't come up -- complaing about
     "no screens found". I am sure this is the only
     change I did.. the tv tuner thing.. to cause it
     to fail.. and for some reason  I am tempted to
     tie the two.. The card going into some insane state or something??

     Finally "crt_screen" helped me. Note that I did not
     have this option before I got the tv tuner to work-
     everything was indeed working fine.

Thanks any way.. I am a happy man for the time being.
-Srini