Re: Dual Head on Dell 640 ATI Radeon Mobility 7500

Now that is strange. If I set the primary to 1024x768 also, the secondary screen becomes readable. However, the secondary screen is a mirror of the primary screen, unless I'm actually doing something with the cursor on the secondary screen, in which case whatever I'm doing smears over the mirror image. Hard to describe.

Hugh

does it work with two smaller modes (like 102x768 and 1024x768)?  I
think the max frambuffer size on radeon might be 2048x2048, that might
be where you corruption is coming from.  It might be able to be
extented to 4096x4096, but I'm not too familiar with that aspect of the
hardware.  the ati and radeon drivers are the same.  ati is just a
wrapper that calls the appropriate chip driver (mach64, r128 or
radeon).

Alex

--- Hugh Caley <Hugh_Caley affymetrix com> wrote:
I'm having some problems getting dual head and Xinerama working on my

Dell 640 laptop.

The attached XF86Config will give me the two displays (second display
is a Dell 1024x768 LCD attached to the laptop's VGA port). The primary display has some artifacting but basically works. The secondary

-- Hugh Caley, Unix Systems Administrator Affymetrix Inc., 510-428-8537 Hugh_Caley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx