Re: XF86 config Problem - Redhat 9

On Monday, May 19, 2003, at 02:08 PM, aturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I might agree except for the fact that I can get both screens to come up on my Radeon 9000, with the screen split across both monitors, but when I move the mouse cursor to the second screen, the first screen turns off, and I have to exit X for it to come back on. That doesn't sound like a XFree86 problem to me personaly, more likely a driver problem.

Yep, this is a known bug with the stock XFree86 rpms in RH9. The newer (rawhide) rpms fix this at the expense of mirroring that can't be turned off. AFAIK, this problem still exists.

-Barry