Re: XF86 config Problem - Redhat 9

On Mon, 19 May 2003 aturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:08:03 -0400
>From: aturner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>To: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: XF86 config Problem - Redhat 9
>
>I might agree except for the fact that I can get both screens to
>come up on my Radeon 9000, with the screen split across both
>monitors, but when I move the mouse cursor to the second screen,
>the first screen turns off, and I have to exit X for it to come
>back on.

This problem occurs on all dualhead Radeon hardware in XFree86
4.3.0.  It is fixed though in rawhide XFree86, which will be in
the next version of Red Hat Linux, as well as in future RHL 9
updates.  Upgrading to rawhide XFree86 should be fairly painless,
as I've tried to keep the builds fairly stable.  There will be
experimental changes occuring soon though as well.

>That doesn't sound like a XFree86 problem to me personaly, more
>likely a driver problem.

Right, it's an XFree86 problem in the sense of the entire scope
of XFree86, as

Yep, it is a radeon driver bug, and not an XFree86 X server bug,
although you could classify it as an XFree86 problem as the
Radeon driver is part of XFree86.  ;o)

Try the updated X, it should work.

Hope this helps.

Take care,