Re: Installing XFree86 4.3 on RHL 7.3

Hi Mike,

   Have you considered just downloading the source from XFree86.org,
building, and installing ?

   I did that with RH 7.2.
Just be really careful about blowing away your gnome-session,
and turning off all of the scalable font stuff (that breaks badly).
You should be able to find my posting on this stuff a few weeks
back.

   It isn't the same as doing RPM's, and I suppose backing out might
not be as easy (if at all possible), but it builds and installs without much
complaint...

Stuart