Re: Re:Re: Redhat 9, ATI Radeon 7500, DVI digital display --output flaky

On Wed, 2003-05-07 at 09:12, Mike Godfrey wrote:

> Can you give a description of the problems you are having?

I've posted a bunch of messages about it, but in a nutshell: can't turn
off clone mode in dual-head configuation (confirmed by others), very
poor image quality on both monitors (although the artifacts are
different).

> Radeon 7500 using DVI output?  (in my case, hooked up to a Viewsonic
> VP201M flat panel running at 1600x1200)

Ah, both my panels are analog so our problems may not be related.  I do
run one of the panels off the 7500's DVI port, but via a DVI->VGA
adapter.

I don't think screen dumps can actually capture what I'm seeing, since I
don't believe they are video memory problems, but driver/screen issues.
I don't see any of the corruption you see.

-Barry