Date: 05 May 2003 10:32:25 -0400
From: Mike Godfrey <migod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Mike A. Harris <mharris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xfree86-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Redhat 9, ATI Radeon 7500, DVI digital display -- output flaky

Hi I did as you asked.

Setting the "noaccel" option did indeed make the problem go away ...
although of course now I have no acceleration.

If I removed the noaccel option and enabled either or both of the
"XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" and "XaaNoPixmapCache" options, the problem was
there again.

Any ideas of what to try next?

Upgrade to the XFree86 in rawhide right now. After doing that, try the various XaaNoxxxx options one at a time from the XF86Config manpage and find out which one or ones make the problem go away.

-- Mike A. Harris