Re: boot in graphical console

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> The best way to get high resolution text consoles and full
> XFree86 performance, is to use SVGATextMode to set the text video
> mode to something high like 160x100 for lots of text real estate
> at boot time, then use X normally.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

I've tried SVGATextMode, but I cannot bring the resolution over 80 columns,
and I pheraps still use only the VGA mode of my video card (it is an ATI
Radeon VE).
This is because (I guess) I don't have the particular set of pixel clock
allowed on my card.

Can XFree86 give me such information?

In the SVGATextMode man's page it is written to try with "X -probeonly" but I
don't get no information about the pixel clock from this command.

Every suggest is welcome.

Thanks again, Antonio