Re: XFree86-4.0.3-6 & 2nd Monitor

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 01:04, Alex Deucher wrote:
> I suspect it may be a bug in the driver because based on the xfree86
> log that was sent to the list, I never saw the second instance of the
> radeon driver start (i.e., radeon(0) is there, but not radeon(1)).  It
> doesn't look like the shared entity code path is even being taken.  My
> guess, without looking at the code, is that the check for dualhead,
> might be missing your chipset, or perhaps the logic got screwed up at
> some point.  Dualhead seems to work fine on my m6 based laptop, but
> then again I'm using a semi-custom compiled radeon driver based on
> 4.3.0.  something might have gotten broken in the recent redhat code
> updates.  I'd check the logic in the redhat version of RadeonPreInit()
> and RadeonProbe().  I'll try and check them myself, maybe tomorrow...

Thanks, I definitely don't have the expertise to do this myself. ;)

Another minor data point: if I add the following to the primary card's
Device section:

Option "MonitorLayout" "TMDS, TMDS"

I get a single screen on the secondary panel, with no video signal on
the primary panel.  Putting this option in the secondary card's device
section has no effect.

for-what-it's-worth-ly y'rs,
-Barry