Re:Re: Xfree 4.3 and AIW Radeon 7500

On 28 Apr 2003, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>> Plug in your monitor, and run "redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig"
>> from the commandline.  After that, it should just work without
>> doing anything special.  Just tested locally and it works for me.
>
>Note that redhat-config-xfree86 doesn't recognize other graphics cards
>that may exist in your machine.  Mine is a Dell Optiplex with an
>on-board i810, but it's also got an ATI Radeon 7500 which was not
>auto-detected.  I also don't think r-c-x knows anything about
>dual-headed systems since the XF86Config file it generated had nothing
>about the two Dell E171FP's I've got hanging off the VGA and DVI ports
>of the 7500.  Also note that the monitor list in r-c-x doesn't have the
>E171's listed.

Correct, redhat-config-xfree86 is currently singlehead only, and
I don't know what the algorithm it uses is to pick a video card
if multiple are present.  My assumption is that it picks the
first one returned in a linked list or something.  Definitely an
area needing improvement.

Hopefully we can improve this area in our next release.