Re: Red Hat 9 & Radeon 8500

I have not read your previous msg.
However,does your kernel support AGP(CONFIG_AGP_*) now?
Perhaps you should re-compile the kernel.

Cheers
Yangcheng

rlxttin wrote:
Hi everybody,

Sorry for raising the same question again. Since there is no reply to my
last post, may be I have not given enough details for my situation.

I have observed the following two error messages from the log file:

(WW) RADEON(0): Bad V_BIOS checksum
(WW) RADEON(0): [agp] AGP not available

Does it really matter? How can I fix it?

I am using Radeon 8500 with P4S8X mother board.

When I test my system with screen saver required GL, the performance is
deadly slow.

Any help?

Thanks.

IRC: #xfree86 on irc.redhat.com