[XFree86] Problem with Default Font Path and XFree86 X window

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://platinum.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message ---
Hi, fellow XFree86 buddies,

I had a problem with our Linux machine (Red Hat 8.0).
After I updated the
kernel 2.4.18-27.8.0 and rebooted the machine, I
couldn't run x-server on
the system but can login through command line. Also,
the system clock is
reset incorrectly every time I reboot the system. I
wonder if it could be
any virus or hacker attack? (the system was not a FTP
nor mail server)

The error message is:
(EE) R128 (0): No DFP detected.
Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'
(see the attached log file)

I also tried updating the kernel once again, but it
didn't work either.
This machine is so important to us...I wonder if you
could
reply at your earliest convenience. That would be
extremely helpful and
we will appreciate it very much.

Best,
Wei