Re: radeon driver and blanking

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, Eric Bourque wrote:

>So far no response. Can anyone with a non-mobility radeon comment on
>whether screen blanking and "unblanking" works? I would be interested
>since it appears that Mike has no ATI mobility 9000 hardware to test on
>and if it happens on the regular radeon cards it might be easier to
>pinpoint the problem. I guess I should enter this in bugzilla.

Strictly for testing and troubleshooting purposes only....

1) Disable APM in your laptop CMOS settings
2) Disable apmd from starting at boot time in Linux
3) Also make sure any ACPI related stuff is disabled
4) Set your machine to boot into runlevel 3
5) Do a clean reboot into a non-APM enabled Linux and log in to
   the console
6) Run X:  startx

Now attempt to reproduce the problem you're experiencing.  Does
it still occur?