Re: Dell Inspiron Intel 830 CHipset and Resolution

Hey, Skip,

www.xig.com has released the summit driver that addresses this issue.
Unfortuneately, the demo, which you can run infinite number of times, kicks
you out of X every 25 minutes, until you purchase it.

I would use that as a last resort if you can't get the XFree86 to fix it.
What version of RH are you having?  You mentioned Up2date.  HAve you tried
installing it one at a time (i.e., can you download the new Xfree86 and
install that way?)

I'm sorry, I don't know Linux very well except how to run RPM's and that's
about it.  However, I would think RH should give you some assistance sicne
you are registered.

HTH
Rye