Re: questions on PseudoColor 8-bit support on 4.2.0

Hello All ,

Thanks Mike for your help !
I wish I had asked you my questions BEFORE spending 2 days
on XF86Condig-4 file...

I have switched from 4.2.0 to 4.1.0 and colormap stopped to flash.
Neverthless I have to use simple WM like almost bare fvwm2 for
Cadence to work with.

The XFree86 developpers are willing to release 4.3.0 in January
so I will simply wait for that release.

BTW:
Is there in KDE WM an option, like in CDE that :
'leave most colors for applications'.
If not, would someone recommend me steps to
limit colors taken from default colormap upon
KDE startup ?
I have already done simple steps
like making background solid , lowcolor icons etc..

cheers, w.