xine and 4.2.99.2-0.20021101.4 RPMs

I installed the 20021101 XFree86 RPMs this morning and all was going
swimmingly until I tried to run xine to play an mp3 I had ripped a few
weeks ago.  It fails and the last few lines were as follows:

X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  19 ()
  Serial number of failed request:  1964

It worked fine with the 8.0 release RPMs, so something changed.  I did
rebuild xine and xine-ui on the off chance the libraries had changed
significantly, but no joy.

Can anybody offer a clue as to what's going on here or for that matter
how to do problem determination?

--
Derek Tattersall			dlt@mebtel.net