font problem

Hello,

I was wandering if anyone could help me out with this problem.
If you take a look at my screen shot(please download photo) of the gnome rpm
screen, you'll notice that in the names of these rpms the squares are
replaced by a tiny square box. Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
I am currently running 7.3 and using the latest rpms. I am under athalon xp
instead of intel pentium. Would this have anything to do with it? My
suspicion is that something is wrong with the font system within x-windows.
If anyone can help me out, I would truly appreciate it. Thank you.

bp