Dual-Head Radeon 7500 (QW)/S3 Trio 64

Greetings All:

OS: Redhat 7.3
Primary Card:  S3 Trio 64 (generic) "s3" driver
Secondary Card: Radeon 7500 (QW) AGP "radeon" driver

	I have been working the last couple of days on getting a "Working"
dual head set-up with the radeon 7500 (QW) AGP and the S3 Trio 64 (PCI).

     	Anybody else working with this set-up, I have a couple of pointers.
Make sure that the PCI card is the default card on your system. Specified
in bios as well.  (Tried several different configs with the AGP as primary,
no dice).  Also, there is a known issue with the S3 driver:

	Thanks to "Gcc k6 testing account" for pointing this out on the
        Xpert list:

	www.xfree86.org/pipermail/xpert/2002-July/018976.html

(A recent reply stated the patch was not yet currently available.)

As soon as it is ...  (I might need some pointers on how to apply the
patch. I am guessing rebuilding redhats rpm with the patch would be the
way to go?) I will test it.

As far as functionality I have achieved so far:

     Boots to the PCI board/monitor combination for console just fine.
And individually, both monitors start up fine without a hitch when
server layout section specifies one/other.

Currently boot into the S3, and just use the Radeon to run X.

Had limited success when using the "fbdev" driver for the S3/radeon
combination. With/Without xinerama enabled, the radeon has screen, the S3
I can see turning on (pulses the screen), but remains blank.

I will post relevant log entries/config file when the patch for the S3
becomes available, seeing little use for it now.  (I would prefer to not
use the frambuffer at all if I can swing it.)

             Time for a beer.

--lucidity