NVIDIA and RH7.3

On Sat, 2002-08-03 at 13:14, mm5fan@netscape.net wrote:

> Hi,
>    Does NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420 work under RH 7.3? I got
>    NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.tar.gz
>    from NVIDIA site but cannot build it.
>    I attach the log of the session.

My guess? Kernel-source doesn't match running kernel (or kernel source
is missing altogether).

Ensure that the version of kernel-source (rpm -q kernel-source) matches
the running kernel version (uname -r) exactly. If kernel-source is not
installed, install it. If it doesn't match the running kernel version,
upgrade it so that it does, and try again.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot