NVIDIA and RH7.3

On Sat, 3 Aug 2002 mm5fan@netscape.net wrote:

>Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 13:14:51 -0400
>From: mm5fan@netscape.net
>To: video4linux-list@redhat.com, xfree86-list@redhat.com,
>     valhalla-list@redhat.com
>Subject: RE: NVIDIA and RH7.3
>

>Hi,
>   Does NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX 420 work under RH 7.3? I got

No, XFree86 4.2.0 does not support GeForce 4 hardware.

>   NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-2960.tar.gz
>   from NVIDIA site but cannot build it.

You need to use Nvidia's drivers to use this hardware for the
time being until XFree86 4.3.0 is released and incorporated into
a Red Hat release.

Unfortunately, I don't have/use Nvidia hardware however so I
can't help with compiling their kernel module.  Someone else
probably can though.

Good luck,
TTYL

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,