Update Management

Mike A. Harris wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Thomas Dodd wrote:
>> I wonder which fonts?
>
>ulT1mo Type1 fonts

Did that change? They have been around for a long time.
Aren't they part of XFree86, and X11R6?

>>That's a long standing BUG in the installer.  It should be possible to
>>Add/change packages to updated versions more easily.
>>

>It's not a bug.  The package list is stored in a database for

OK,  a mis-feature. I see the reason for hdlist.
I also remember when I could replace the packages
much more easily (that sounds weird....)

>also splitdistro.  I fail to see where there is a bug here.
>
>>Droping/replacing the packages in RedHat/RPMS and
>>a changing file somewhere in RedHat/base should be enough.
>>

>Implement such a solution, and submit it to us.  Make sure it

I was thinking something like keeping the current system, and adding
a updated directory, perhaps with the list on a floppy for early access
during the install. It would work like the driver disk, or installer update
disk.

>enterprising open source developer with enough time and energy to
>whip it up.

And someone who know python :)
That's _my_ current barrier. I finally learned perl when
I needed it at work. Now, if I can find a reason to use
python at work, I can try to implement something.
Almost everything I do is C.

    -Thomas