Redhat 7.3 and ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

>> If this is Radeon 7500 then it should work.  Works for me. :-) "Card
>
>> I am afraid that I do not know about DVI-D port.
>
>The card works fine, at the full resolution of my monitor (1600x1200) in 32-bit
>mode. However, that is only down the VGA port. So while you say 'Works for me',
>this is clearly not the same, since I'm trying to use the DVI-I port.

I only have CRT displays, so I have no claims whatsoever about
DVI working on any video hardware in Linux.  If it works, great,
if not, I'm not likely able to make it work as I don't have the
hardware to do so.  In these scenarios reporting bugs to the
driver maintainer themselves is the best way to get things fixed.

Hui Yu <hyu@ati.com>, Marc Aurele La France, Kevin Martin, and
others work on the ATI driver(s).

I should make it clear I suppose that DVI output, while "might"
work under Red Hat Linux, is not something that we at all claim
works or support at this point.  Bug reports are welcome, for
tracking purposes, and in fact might be something that can be
fixed easily once it is investigated.  However, the distinction
I'm trying to make is that we aren't advertising support for DVI
output.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,