Redhat 7.3 and ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 07:11:10AM +0100, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> The card is supposed to be supported in Xfree86 4.2, which is used in
> Redhat 7.3. However, when I run scanpci -v, I see it reports the card
> is unknown, despite the fact it does detect it is a Radeon 7500. I'm
> not sure what that means.

If this is Radeon 7500 then it should work.  Works for me. :-) "Card
unknown" in 'scanpci' output may mean that this is some submodel not yet
in a database you are using.  To get any picture on it I had to
uncomment in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 a line which says

  Option "CrtScreen"

but this is on Alpha and Mike Harris says that this should not be the
case on x86.  You still can try and see if this makes any difference.

I am afraid that I do not know about DVI-D port.

Checking after a failed run what is in /var/log/XFree86.0.log, most
likely, can often reveal a wealth of information.

  Michal