[Xpert]Mode timing problem, 4.2.0, ATI 3D Rage Pro 4749 "GI"

Marc Aurele La France wrote:

> > ... it's because I
> > disabled DDC, and the default is now to use Composite unless told not
> > to, isn't it?

> No and yes, in that order.  I currently ignore DDC info for this, but I
> should probably change that after the 4.2 dust settles.  But, yes, the
> default has changed, although I've just reverted it in xf-4_2-branch CVS.

 Thanks for spotting the problem, either way ...

 Would it be possible to allow overriding some individual DDC info
items, such as max dot clock, rather than disabling DDC altogether?
The reason I disabled it is that one of the monitors advertises a
max dot clock much lower than that need for some of the mode timings
it lists; when I tested 4.1.99.something (6?) most of the modes I
wanted to use were being deleted from the list due to the pixclock.

--
/* Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, Ebone (formerly GTS Netcom) */
#include <stddiscl>