How to Increase VmallocTotal

Hello,

I am using a RedHat Enterprise WS v4 distribution.

I am looking to increase the value that is displayed by VmallocTotal using `cat /proc/meminfo`. The value I currently have is "VmallocTotal:   106488 kB". This is unacceptable for the current situation.

On another system using a Fedora Core 3 distribution, the VmallocTotal value is "VmallocTotal:  3612664 kB". This is what I want.

Both systems have 1GB RAM installed. The hardware is identical. The distributions are the difference.

I have attempted to follow the definition of VMALLOC_START to ascertain if I could adjust it to get the VmallocTotal to the value I want. I have been unsuccessful down this path.

I am looking for a system utility or something to configure to allow the RHEL 4 system to increase its vmalloc space. I would prefer not to have to recompile the kernel for this to work.

Thank you for your help.

Bill

For limitations on the use and distribution of this message, please visit www.sbs.com/emaildisclaimer.