Re: httpd doesn't start anymore

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006, filippo Lombardo wrote:

  I got freetype-1.3.1 compiled on my system, which is RH9.
 It provided me with the libraries:

 libttf.la
 libttf.so ----> libttf.so.2.2.0
 libttf.so.2 ----> libttf.so.2.2.0
 libttf.so.2.2.0

 installed in /usr/lib

Why would you need libtiff 1.3?! Anyway you should have installed it in /usr/local/lib. Probably you have overwritten some libs from the original libtiff package. You should have installed a newer libtiff package from a fedora legacy repository instead of compiling it manually.

 "Syntax error on line 6 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf
 Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/libphp4.so    into server:
 /usr/local/lib/libfreetype.so.6    undefined symbol: otvalid_module_class"

 Line 6 of  /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf   looks like this:
 "LoadModule    php4_module     modules/libphp4.so"

	run the following command:
ldd /usr/lib/httpd/modules/libphp4.so
and see what dependency is broken, maybe you can restore it by modifying a symlink or something. Probably you should better download a newer libtiff package and rebuild php src.rpm package against it (or even download a compatible php package),

--
Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company, unless