Re: LSI 320 RAID cards with RedHat 8 and 9 install isos

Actually, I'm not trying to add a new driver. Just adding a few entries to the pcitable so that the card is detected and the megaraid module is loaded automatically. My pcitable entries are fine, the card is detected at install time. The only issue is when the installer fails on the hwdata rpm, which only happens in 8.0 and not 9 given the same process of: edit the pcitable in the initrd img, edit the pcitable in the stage2 image, edit the pcitable in the hwdata package and then rebuild (on the same version of the system that it's going to be installed on... actually I booted in rescue mode off of the RH 8 cd to rebuild the rpm, then chrooted to the root dir of my RH 8 install...I guess that could be a factor). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

-Aaron