RE: Redhat-devel-list digest, Vol 1 #932 - 1 msg

When you say step, I'm assuming you're using the "step" command.
Try the next command. It steps over functions instead of stepping into them.

You could place a break point at the top of foo().

Or use the next command to step over strncpy and the step command to
step into foo(). You'll probably need to save the results of strncpy
off into a temp var.

> 3)  How can I specify a break point at some line in
> some source file other than the current one?

Syntax is as follows:

b file:line

eg.
b foo.c:1492