A couple simple gdb questions

Hello,

I'm a new gdb user and I have a few questions:

1) A general question: Can anyone recommend an in
depth gdb tutorial somewhere on the net?  I've found a
few, but they only seem to cover the most general
commands.  I find the help facility pretty useful, but
there are times when I can't find what I want (though
I'm sure it's in there somewhere).

2)  How can I step out of the method I'm in?  I don't
mean to force an immediate 'return' but rather to have
the current method complete, return and leave me just
beyond this?  For instnace, I have code similar to
this:

foo( strncpy(a, b, 50), 10 );

I want to debug in foo( ) but when I do a step I end
up in strncpy and can't get out.

3)  How can I specify a break point at some line in
some source file other than the current one?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

-exits