Re: Newt/Slang and non VGA tty's.

On Monday 17 March 2003 22:20, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> James Olin Oden (joden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) said:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been using libnewt to build various system administration
> > utitilities, and things were working pretty good until I went to Phoebe.
> > Where I have problems is when I run the programs in a non-vga tty (such
> > as an ssh sessioin or accross a serial port).  I found an interesting
> > work around, in that if I set my TERM var to vt400-8 it seems to give me
> > a fairly nice gracefully degraded view, but not perfect.
>
> What is your locale set to?

Me too has that proBlem !

I thing ncurses is involved too.

[root@xxxxx root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/i18n
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SUPPORTED="en_US.UTF-8:en_US:en"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

[root@xxxxx root]# cat /etc/sysconfig/keyboard
KEYBOARDTYPE="pc"
KEYTABLE="us"

even latest RAWHIDE carry the same proBem ....

Everywhere I ssh than it gives me a garBaged terminal ..
It is pretty enough to start an mc remotely and the garBage appears
or just make menuconfig remotely and appear too more uglyer ...

I can copy paste an screenshot ...

With RH 7.3 there was no ProBlem !

> Bill

Life in itself has no meaning.
Life is an opportunity to create meaning.

                 \__U_/