Re: (no subject)

--- John <red@computerdatasafe.com.au> wrote:
> Many experienced people would not have even read
> your question, because
> you neglected to use the Subject: field to tell us
> what you're writing
> about.

I will say, that is why I didn't read this thread. The
only reason I read it now, was because I *KNEW* there
was an argument going on, especially not seeing the
blank subject line.

> Then, you're on the wrong list. This list is for
> development issues, and
> installing/removing package is not a development
> issue. The correct list
> is the one for your distribution of Red Hat Linux,
> possibly psyche-list.

I would have to agree with John 100% here. Posting to
the proper list would not get as harsh treatment.

> My response, unfriendly though you might think it,
> is the more valuable
> to you, if you learn from it.

And you SHOULD learn from it. Here is something to
help you with questions in the future. I hope you
aren't too lazy to read this one.
http://linux-bangalore.org/articles/smart-questions.php

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>