Re: PXE kickstart with multiple network cards

That's right--this is for several hundred machines, which is why I want it to
be completely deterministic as well as noninvasive to the hardware.

>From Kevin McConnell <kevymac@yahoo.com>, Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:20:49AM -0800:
>
> --- John <red@computerdatasafe.com.au> wrote:
> > As I understand it, he's trying to control which NIC
> > is used to install.
> > Reoving support for other NICs does not affect
> > what's used later.
> >
> > Then, he can fiddle with /etc/modules.conf if
> > necessary.
> >
> > I personally would simply plug the cable into
> > whichever NIC gets
> > recognised first, for the install, but I've already
> > suggested that and
> > still the debate goes on.
>
> I think it's because he wants to use kickstart for a
> large number of machines, and doesn't want to have to
> walk around to each and every machine and rearrange
> cabling and such.
>

> =====
> Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>

lars damerow
pixar animation studios
button pusher
lars-rhdevel@pixar.com

The man frowned and glared down at Hugo. "I wish you hadn't woken me up,"
Kevin said. "I was having a delightful dream that there was nothing wrong with
me at all, instead of being a freak."
                                    Lemony Snicket, "The Carnivorous Carnival"