Re: Re: kernel-headers rpm ?

Richard Troy wrote:

I can't remember the _first_ time I've _ever_ had _any_ support from _any_
vendor for Linux! ...Hmmm... Well, no, wait, Informix did give me a Linux

I've never has "support" for any vendor under any OS. Had fun watching M$, Adaptec, and SyQuest point fingers at each other though.
Funny, linux had no problem with the hardware.

...Bottom line: My gut reaction is that it _totally_ _stinks_ if the
answer for a sensible reply to Riku's comments is "you're getting bad
vendor support." Well DUH! You can COUNT ON bad vendor support! So what's

So don't accept it. What would you do if some vendor didn't support your new M$ OS? Like say, now XP drivers, and the Win98 ones don't work?

a guy to do? DEDICATE SOME SYSTEMS to doing kernel builds because of a
space issue? What a bunch of crap that is for an answer!

No. You add space. There are lot's of ways to solve the problem of /usr/src not having enough space.

If you have several machines, you only need to have the space on one. Very helpfull in a corporate setting, which I though was Riku's setting.

Not to say that it couldn't be better. But I don't think /lib/modules/<vers>/include is the solution.
My / has much less free space than /usr or /usr/src (which I seperated since I do a lot of builds).

Again, building modules is not a typical user task, nor is this problem typical.

-Thomas