Re: dependency-based init scripts?

Thanks for the pointer! serel certainly looks interesting. Bill, does your
response mean that serel will be pulled before the next RedHat release? Either
way, I'm glad the boot and shutdown speed are being examined. For my single,
machine, it's fine, but I've got over a thousand of these things--boot time
adds up. :)

cheers,
lars

>From Bill Nottingham <notting@redhat.com>, Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 09:21:41PM -0500:
> Panu Matilainen (pmatilai@welho.com) said:
> > > Look at serel (www.fastboot.org).  I was surprised to see an RPM in Rawhide a
> > > few weeks ago ...
> >
> > Not only Rawhide but it's included in the new Phoebe beta as well...
>
> Yeah, we did some testing and actually didn't see a lot of benefit
> to it at the time, in relation to the added complexity.
>
> Bill

lars damerow
button pusher
lars-rhdevel@pixar.com

"I watch soap operas, I make brownies--normalcy is coursing through my veins."