Re: Pentium 4 Optimizations

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Tesla 13 wrote:

> >Mind you, a lot can easily be gained if you have a lot of computers.
>
> 32 to be exact!

Better than 1, but I think you need hundreds, not tens, to get a
payoff.
However, optimising some few packages - XFree, your preferred wm, OOo if
you use it may be worth the effort.

I reckon the big bottlneck on my 1.4 Ghz Athlon is the disk drive. I
can drive it frantic, but the CPU is rarely stressed.