ACL in RedHat

Does Red Hat have a particular patch that works well on implementing ACL
filesystems? I've found acl.bestbits.at and was just wondering if anyone has
used it with Red Hat 8 (which I really like by the way) and if there were
any problems, or is there a better version I should try?

Does anyone know if Red Hat or any Linux distro will incorporate ACL's
anytime soon into the Kernel by default?  It would make replacing Windows
File servers much easier!  (Not that there aren't other reasons to switch)

Thanks!
todd