Re: fonts

 >|>u> The real problem has not been the lack of AA but the pathetic fonts
 >|>u> included with a lot of distros. ie Redhat 7.3 (and I'll never forgive
 >|>u> them for this) had the worst fonts possible.
 >|>
 >|To my knowledge Red Hat used the same fonts everyone else used.
 >|There quiality of free fonts (free cost AND free redistribution) is the
 >|problem.
 >|
 >|We need some professional font designers to get involved with free software,

The problems aren't with the fonts themselves but with the rendering
engines. I've bought and installed Adobe Type 1 fonts and the result
was no better than the "free" fonts already available. The freetype
rendering of TrueType fonts is actually pretty good, which is why so
many users think that the MS fonts are so good. But the rendering of
Type 1 fonts should be improved.

Bob T.