Re: fonts

 >|asowani@ptc.com said:
 >|> And the fix? All you had to do was reorder the font list in
 >|> XF86Config.
 >|
 >|<Skeptical>
 >|
 >|Change from what to what different, and what kind of difference is that
 >|supposed to make?

Putting :unscaled font directories first, followed by outline-font
directories, followed by (scaling) bitmap font directories in the font
path will improve rendering. I have no idea what comes out of the box
these days in Red Hat systems but I doubt that the OP was even using Red
Hat because the font path should be configured in /etc/X11/fs/config,
not in XF86Config.

Bob T.