Re: Installing rpm's

You have to type in the exact name of the package as it appears in the rpm
database. for instance. If you install a package with the name
test.1-2.1.i386.rpm when you uninstall it you do rpm -e test.1-2.1 without
the .i386.rpm
Do a  rpm -q <name of package> to see if the package is installed and to
be sure you have the exact name of it

Now I have a question for you. You say your running > Red Hat 7.3 (Valhalla)
Have you installed the realplayer for Linux via rpm from real.com? If so
how does it work under redhat 7.3? In my system, also redhat 7.3 it
freezes after the player opens. Someone on another list suggests it
broke just after he updated to the latest patch of glibc.

Anyone else have any input on this?
Waiting for a fix! :-(

ken