RE: Sending info to user process from kernel

	I'm not sure if copy_to_user will work for what you want.  I think
it might be possible to use, but I don't believe it would be the cleanest
approach.  In order to use copy_to_user you will need to know what memory
location to copy data to so the user process can read it, plus you'll need
to know when to signal your user process to read the data.  I guess these
problems could be solved, but I think you might prefer to use something like
a netlink socket.  It's already been implemented in the kernel and there's a
lot of sample code already using it from various router applications.  You
should look at "zebra" it should give you a good start, along with some
searches in google for "netlink sockets".

	You could also look into using procfs, there's a good simple example
of how to use it included with the kernel documentation.

	Best of luck,
	John Matthews

P.S.  If you get really stuck with the netlink socket I could send you some
of my source code I wrote when learning how to use it.