Re: XFS support

Paul Hamm <paulhamm@OpenRatings.com> writes:

> ?????? Hun?
> xfs       1672     1  0 Apr26 ?        00:00:23 xfs -droppriv -daemon
>
> Am I missing something obvious?  Or is this not the X font server?

XFS is SGI's filesystem for IRIX, which has since been ported to Linux
by SGI. It has some nice features. It's rather invasive on parts of
the kernel. And it'd be an easier call if it made it into the
mainstream kernel (more eyes, more exposure, less risk of having to
maintain a separate, on disk file format)

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.