Re: Pricing discrepancy (Re: next release)

> On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, John Summerfield wrote:
>

> > salimma1@yahoo.co.uk said:
> > > There's no excuse about translating the manual as here in UK the
> > > manuals are all in English !
> >
> > English? Or American?
> >
> What do you expect, Red Hat manuals on scouse or geordie dialect?
>
> I doubt they have nor the ozzie dialect more than they have
> for the jocks or paddies either ;)

Standard English is indistinguishable from what you might term Standard
Australian. Even my spoken English is often taken (by the English) as English
with an English accent, and I've never been outside Australia.

The Language isn't so much a problem, but I do get fed up telling my computer we
use A4 paper. Once I tell it I live in Perth, WA then it should KNOW I use A4
paper, measure lengths in metres, write dates dd/mm/yy and so on.

And that my first choice of dictionary is Australian English and if that's not
available then UK English is fine.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!