Re: next release

> John Summerfield wrote:

> >>If you knew that was the best answer you were going to
> >>get, then why ask?
> >>

> >Presumably he's one who hopes that Red Hat will eventually understand that i
> ts
> >customers really do need to plan these things.
> >

> Look now, would you rather RedHat gives a launch date that can't be met
> without
> performing all quality checks like Microsoft is notorious for.

I think most business clients would prefer a realistic date they could plan
around.

Red Hat has proven it an make a complete release cycle in the time MS can
overrun its projected release date.

> Plan for what is avilable now, not what might be avialable tomorrow.
>
> Currently Enima is a good stable product, if you want some of the newer

I'm sure you can make a more flattering wrong name than that.

> features
> use the beta skipjack. If you want to slide down the bleading edge you
> can also try
> Rawhide.
>
> Until the next stable release is availabe you don't even know what is
> features will
> be. How can you plan for unknown features?
>
> Besides how many of you, whiners even buy the boxed sets to support
> development?
>
> I have paid for every version since I started using RedHat 4.0 and from
> my experience

As people have already observed, RH doesn't make a lot of money out of boxed
sets.

Besides, dollars for the boxed set isn't the only way to help RH.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.

If you don't like being told you're wrong,
	be right!