Re: next release

John Summerfield wrote:

>>--- Jure Pecar <Jure.Pecar@select-tech.si> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>is there any ETA of the next release of RedHat? I
>>>know that 'when it's
>>>ready' is the best answer...
>>>
>>If you knew that was the best answer you were going to
>>get, then why ask?
>>

>Presumably he's one who hopes that Red Hat will eventually understand that its
>customers really do need to plan these things.

Look now, would you rather RedHat gives a launch date that can't be met
without
performing all quality checks like Microsoft is notorious for.

Plan for what is avilable now, not what might be avialable tomorrow.

Currently Enima is a good stable product, if you want some of the newer
features
use the beta skipjack. If you want to slide down the bleading edge you
can also try
Rawhide.

Until the next stable release is availabe you don't even know what is
features will
be. How can you plan for unknown features?

Besides how many of you, whiners even buy the boxed sets to support
development?

I have paid for every version since I started using RedHat 4.0 and from
my experience
it is better to wait for a good stable package than to rush an
unpolished buggy release
like Mircosoft does, and usualy they are even released late and features
droped at the
last moment.

Guy