Problem: SCSI assigns same host number to two adapters

I dont see why each adapter has to have a unique host-id. To the machine
each i/o kard has their own unique address to the cpu ( via memory
partition, or io/address's ). I suppose it can be a problem if you have
each scsi adapter become a part of the same scsi i/o buss.

This is probably not the place to post scsi questions. I think that
there is a SCSI news group for linux et al.
/gat