Hoe to set CD as Autorun

> Hi,
>
>  I have developed an application in PHP/MySQL in Linux
>  environment. I need to burn it in a CD and give it to
>  the client. I need to do one thing - that is when the
>  client insert that CD automatically my setup should
>  run. How to do that...?
>
>  what sort of coding i need to do ..? is it that i need
>  to code in linux..?

I think the whole idea of autorun is particularly stupid. We've had
boot-sector virus problems for oh, 20 years or so. i recommend

1) Don't use it
2) Remvoe all the software from your systems that supports it.

I've head there's a small download available for NT that will break
into a system with a locked  screen/keyboard. You know, the screen
saver kicks in, requires user's password to unlock?

Or a CD with an autorun program on that kills the screen saver.

I don't see why the same think won't work for Linux. Or some spyware
could install itself.

Be sure to mount cds with noexec,  nosuid,  and nodev options.

Note that on RHL 7.2, "user" implies those options. The default in RHL
is "owner" which "is similar to the user option, with the restriction
that the user must be the owner of the special file."

If the client's system is configured this way, autorun simply will not
work.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.