Why AnotherLevel support dropped from 7.2?

> Anyone know why AnotherLevel support was dropped from 7.2 (it was still
> supported in 7.1). The lines:
>
>     elif [ -n "`grep -i AnotherLevel /etc/sysconfig/desktop`" ]; then
> 	PREFERRED=AnotherLevel
>     fi
>
> were removed from "/etc/X11/init/Xclients". The way the script is set up
> if you have Gnome or KDE installed there is absolutely no way which you
> can start up AnotherLevel or Afterstep without modifying the above
> script. It's also a bit silly that "grep"'s are done on the
> "/etc/sysconfig/desktop" when it is in shell format and could simply be
> sourced.
>
> This is a pain for us. We use the more basic AnotherLevel with Fvwm95 in
> our stores to limit the users functionality. We don't want our users to
> be able to fire off non-business related apps or get to a shell prompt.
> Eventually we'd like to use Gnome, but limiting it and the learning
> curve for our users is more than we want to take on right now. We can
> and will modify the Xclients script but it's too bad when changes get
> made like this that effect the greater end user community.

AnotherLevel is also to be prefered in other environments such as
Internet Cafes where you don't wanrt clients playing with the settings.

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.